Russell Nohelty is a USA Today bestselling author, publisher, and consultant. He runs the small press Wannabe Press and The Complete Creative, which helps creatives build better businesses.
He’s run successful Kickstarter campaigns for Ichabod Jones: Monster Hunter, The Godsverse Chronicles, Katrina Hates the Dead, My Father Didn’t Kill Himself, Spaceship Broken: Needs Repairs, and I Can’t Stop Tooting: A Love Story, Monsters and other Scary Shit, Cthulhu is Hard to Spell volume 1 and 2, and Pixie Dust raising over $180,000 on the platform to date, including four campaigns that raised over $25,000 each, and two that raised over $30,000.
In this episode, Russell shares with us how he built multiple businesses and how he plans and builds his network, partnerships and communities. Knowing when to walk away from projects that no longer serve you and the importance of creating communities and partnerships in your industry.
- Find the story you want to tell your world
- Why you should focus and niching down on what you enjoy
- Why you need to stop trying to be everything to everyone
- Stick with what you’re passionate with and getting a return from
- How to get out of writers block
- Why giving up is not always a bad thing
- Knowing when to walk away from projects